Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 21:10:24 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Philip Charlton wrote:

> > > Well, I just got my Warlock Titan in the post today, so here's a question
> > > for other Eldar players. I got a pulsar, psi-cannon and a power fist, so what
> > > do you find is the best weapon fit? I plan on using the Titan as either a
> > > phantom or a warlock, depending on how I feel at the time. Psi-cannon sounds
> > > cool but it's only 50cm, and I know everyone likes pulsars (um, except for
> > > non-eldar players :)
> > >
> > > Philip

I'd have to say go for the pulsar and the psi-lance. People may scream
cheese, but in reality the pulsar is just about the only _good_ Eldar
Titan weapon. So, IMHO, try to take at least one on each Titan. I've
found that if you only take one, most non-Eldar players will not b*tch
too much. It's when you take 2 and 2 lascannon wings that the cheddar flows.
  Leave the power fist off. In all my games, I have never had a titan in
CC with another, even when we took all Titans forces for the hell of it.
In my experience, most players will use Titans as gun platforms, not CC
killers.
  Take the psi-lance! On a Warlock Titan, it hits on a 4+, and nothing
but the Inquisitor and Tyranids get a save. Very nasty. Don't worry
about the range; if you can't get your Titan to 50 cm with Witch Sight
and holo-fields, then you've just not picked up on the Eldar concept of
speed over brute strength.
  Also, take the lascannon wings if you don't play WYSIWYG. The missile
wing rarely hits with only 4 BP, and even then will usually only take out
infantry. If your opponent screams, crisply inform him that at least you
didn't take the warlord with 2 volcano cannons, one barrage missile, and
the plasma destructor.

<snip> >
> Hmmm, well I've read the rules very carefully and I'm not sure that it does
> do d6 hits (see my other message). It says you need to "roll 2+ to hit"
> (that's ONE hit, therefore ONE void shield down) then
> the model "must make d6 armour saves" or something like that - it doesn't
> say you get d6 "hits".

PLEASE GOD LET'S NOT START THIS AGAIN!!!! This raged across the list
wasting bandwidth a year ago; I believe AC or JJ said that it is indeed
d6 hits. Check with Allen's Q&As.

Just recovering from ex-lurker status...
| Farseer Karadek, High Commander of the Forces of Ulthwe |
| Kevin Keefe | Epic, 40K, and Blood Bowl Elf Lord |
| stukeefe_at_... | Coach of the Ulthuan Knights, TR 245 |
| "If America has supposedly `lost her innocense' as many times as |
| historians have claimed, we can only assume that she's been a damn |
| whore since day one." -- Rodney Sievers |