Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:59:13 -0700

        <snip WHFB stuff>

>I have often wondered... I think there is a combination of both. No
>doubt someone is watching each army's sales. If sales fall off (i.e.
>for High Elves once they were the weakest kids on the block) I'm sure
>there's a corresponding request to the designers to 're-evaluate' said
>army.

        <snip>

        I have often thought the same. For example: Why are they spending so much
time on the ^&*(^&$% Orks when they have barely touched the other races in
E40K?
Don't get me wrong, everybody is entitled to their favorite army. But the
WD articles sort of glossed over the Marines, didn't deal with IG except in
a cursory fashion, and now TWO issues (or is it three?) dealing primarily
with Orks.

        The only explanations I can come up with are:

        1. Quality control problems/delays with the new minis for the other races, or

        2. Sales are not quite what they wanted, so they are lingering over one
race and writing more articles to get people more interested.

        The reason I say this is because I was told by a mail order Drone that
they would be coming out with one race per WD (approx. every month and a
half) and that is obviously not the case.

Nickles
-------
A Chaos Commander, Mad With Impatience (Among Other Things)]

        <snip>