RE: [Epic] Engineering rules for Epic 41K correction, reformat and expansion

From: Matt Starling <mstarling_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:08:28 -0700

I don't understand why engineer units would get +2FP or +2 assault. I say=
 just give them the special ability you outlined first regarding placing or=
 removing special terrain features.

It does make sense that after they spe=
nd the engineer points to place or remove a special terrain feature, the po=
ints spent are gone and cannot be used again for the remainder of the battl=
e.

I would also add this: engineer units must be given there orders like =
any other unit. When a detachment that includes engineers wants to place o=
r remove special terrain features, they receive the order ! for special ord=
ers; other units in the detachment are on overwatch just like units act whe=
n included with artillery units using special orders for pre-emptive strik=
es. the special terrain piece is not placed or removed until the end of th=
e turn (or maybe the end of the combat phase just prior to assault phase). =
This would reflect the time it takes to perform the task. More engineers c=
an be assigned to a task than required to perform the task, but if through =
the course of combat engineer casualties cause the detachment to have fewer=
 engineer points than surviving engineers can provide, the special terrain =
piece is not placed or removed. The engineer points committed to the task =
are still spent.