Re: [Epic] Things on tap, feedback wanted and some random rants

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:08:27 -0700

At 09:59 PM 9/29/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly about [Epic]
>Things on tap, feedback wanted and some random rants:
>
>>("Uh-oh, it's getting dark! We better stop fighting. HEY!
>>Leave that Avatar alone - you can play with him again
>>tomorrow!").
>
>The commander walked up to the Techmarine who was perusing the rulebook,
>who looked up, aghast. "Sir, it says here we can't use our super-
>enhanced, infra-red and ultra-violet spectrum capable eyes, because
>they're going home! We can't even try and kill them as they run! This is
>madness!!!" The commander patted him on the shoulder. "It's called
>Warhammer 40K."
>
><emblem of Slaanesh>
>
>'Mad Dog' McAlister

        <snip titles and honors>

        Actually, that part always made sense to me.

        As the fluff explains it, the reason a battle ends after four turns is
because that is what the response time would be for local reinforcements,
changing the face of the battle.

        Just goes to show: anything, no matter how inane, can be justified if you
work hard enough...

Nickles