Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 08:03:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Dan Lobb wrote:

<snipola>
> > > I find the best weapon loadout for my purposes is two pulsars and two
> > > lascannon wing weapons, or pulsar/psycannon with lascannon wing weapons.
> > >
> > As an Eldar player I would tend to agree. However, I find this way too
> > cheesy for words. It makes your Titan far too good at killing _anything_
> > on the board, especially since range is not a problem at all. Never have
> > I had an opponent not call me down for the 2 pulsar 2 lascannon wing
> > configuration.
>
> That's interesting. I have never played against anyone that questioned a
> valid weapon loadout. The general feeling among our players is that
> titans are expensive exactly because they have these very powerful
> weapons. You pay for the best, it would be silly to take less.

You have some very understanding players. I would ordinarily agree with
you, since IMHO most of the Eldar Titan weapons suck, but sometimes you
just get tired of constant whining about your Titans. I felt it best,
after the better part of a year, to simply go along and limit their
weapon selection in the same way.
  Of course, I don't complain about Plasma Destructors. I like them! In
the big games {4000+) they get doomweaved to hell for firing the big
cannon.

> Most of our arguments are about the amibuities in the rules. The Tyranid
> rules have a lot of amibiguity. We seldom ever question the choice of
> weapons for titans.

All rules have ambiguity! I can't count the arguments we've gotten
into.

> By the way, eldar titans are not often in our OOB anymore. We have
> become far to proficient at elimnating them in the first or second turn.
> The popup vehicles make up the majority of our points.

Haven't had this problem yet, since no one here plays Tyranids. The IG
artillery is plagued by 1s in our group; it's almost as bad as my BB High
Elf team!

> danlobb_at_...

| Farseer Karadek, High Commander of the Forces of Ulthwe |
| Kevin Keefe | Epic, 40K, and Blood Bowl Elf Lord |
| stukeefe_at_... | Coach of the Ulthuan Knights, TR 245 |
| "If America has supposedly `lost her innocense' as many times as |
| historians have claimed, we can only assume that she's been a damn |
| whore since day one." -- Rodney Sievers |