Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 13:43:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> > Tactical Platoon (unlimited)
> > 4 Tactical Squads (8 units) 120 pts.
> > Mounted in 4 Rhinos 148 pts.
> > Mounted in 4 Land Raiders 280 pts.
>
> EVERYONE gets land raiders? I thought I read somewhere that the old
> Land Raiders didn't have the ability to transport troops?

for E30k, you might want to put in spartans

otherwise 1LR carries 1 Termie stand(rules say 2, fluff says 1)

> > Robot Platoons (up to 9 per Regiment)
> > 5 Robots [Not in E40K See E41K list]
>
> Interesting - why did the Space Marines stop using 'em?

The 40k models looked(mostly) lame, so i think thats why,except the
crusader, which i thought looked real ggod.
again, they didn't make it into 40k 2nd edition, along with
all the auto-drive/auto-shoot/powerfields stuff

also, in the E30k timeframe, dreadnoughts had cool names like
chuck,eddy, and fury, and had living pilots inside

> > Jet Bike Platoon (unlimited)
> > 5 Jet Bikes [Not in E40K See E41K list]
>
> Cool, now to find some models...

> - Erik

**
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of
Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

mike
**