Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 14:47:13 -0500

Mike Bowen wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Erik K. Rutins wrote:
>

> > > Tactical Platoon (unlimited)
> > > 4 Tactical Squads (8 units) 120 pts.
> > > Mounted in 4 Rhinos 148 pts.
> > > Mounted in 4 Land Raiders 280 pts.
> >
> > EVERYONE gets land raiders? I thought I read somewhere that the old
> > Land Raiders didn't have the ability to transport troops?
> >

> for E30k, you might want to put in spartans
>
> otherwise 1LR carries 1 Termie stand(rules say 2, fluff says 1)

Nope, the SM-1/E30K fluff does not say that. Spartans don't appear in the
SM-1 at all. I think, but am not sure that they are creature of the WH40K
(RT) era only. I have not seen them in SM-1 stuff. If you have can you
point me at which WD they showed up in please?

> > > Robot Platoons (up to 9 per Regiment)
> > > 5 Robots [Not in E40K See E41K list]
> >
> > Interesting - why did the Space Marines stop using 'em?
>
> The 40k models looked(mostly) lame, so i think thats why,except the
> crusader, which i thought looked real ggod.
> again, they didn't make it into 40k 2nd edition, along with
> all the auto-drive/auto-shoot/powerfields stuff

Lets not forget that we are not talking about WH40K here, we are talking
about Space Marine 1st ed, plus the WD articles in the range from 110 to
about 134.

> also, in the E30k timeframe, dreadnoughts had cool names like
> chuck,eddy, and fury, and had living pilots inside

True.