Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 16:24:41 -0400

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> > I would think the Hero save includes the armor (or
> > rather, is there regardless of what kind of armor is worn) -
> > I think he was merely specifying that the commander must wear
> > termie armor.
>
> Hm. Probably true, but what about a Farseer or an IG Captain?

        Fields, which in 40k give an unmodified save to most
attack. Plus any other wacky wargear they might have. And
character types are tougher to wound and can take more damage
than the average grunt. And they generally have access to
really nice armor. The Farseer and IG captain already have a
lower armor rating (and assault value) than the SM commander,
which reflects their relative strengths just fine, IMHO.

        I just think that when it comes to epic scale, the
difference between a SM commander wearing termie armor and
one who isn't should be negligible.

> > Also the Maruader, but that's no longer available
> > to Space Marines.
>
> This is something other than the Marauder fighter-bomber, I presume?

        No, it is the Maruader fighter-bomber, which used to
be available to SMs but no longer is. Not that it really
matters much; the imperial flyers were awful in SM/TL and I
couldn't really see a SM player *wanting* to take them (the
IG, at least, could use them as arty spotters).

Scott
shupes_at_...