Re: [Epic] Whirlwinds in the Horus Heresy

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 11:03:10 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 7-Oct-97 Re: [Epic] Whirlwinds in th.. by Mark A
Shieh_at_...
> "Sauron Moridor" <sauron1_at_...> writes:
> > Sauron1 writes;SM1 page46
> [snip]
> > The silence was broken by a series of explosions and a bright flash of
> > searing white light as several World Eater Whirlwind detachments opened
> > fire...
> [snip]
>
> Right, so Chaos Whirlwinds exist in E40k. But could this just
> be marines that have become traitor after the Horus Heresy?

Actually, his point was that the Traitor Marines had Whirlwinds in
30,000. (Well, 31,000; IIRC, the Heresy was in M32.) The Chaos Codex
claims they didn't, which is BS from previous fluff. (See above....)

>The Chaos
> Codex is kind of odd anyways. Can't you buy anything Marine you could
> possibly want as long as you pay an extra 50% for the
> rarity/maintenance, or is that infantry stuff only?

<shrug> Dunno about that, but I think someone suggested that the
maintenance problem is why Chaos *doesn't* get Whirlwinds in E40K.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...