Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 08:36:21 -0700

At 09:00 AM 10/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Max Maynard-Maloney wrote:
>>
>> > Which is why it's silly that E40k chaos detachments
>> > don't have access to either the vindicator or the whirlwind.
>> >
>> You could rationalize it with the above argument (complex maintenance).
>
> Doesn't work for me. Vindicators, frex, are just
>rhinos with big cannons. Chaos can maintain rhinos, and it
>can maintain big cannons, but it can't maintain vindicators?
>There's no skimming tech involved like there is with land
>speeders.

        I concur. The Vindicator's cannon looks like you could duplicate it by
reinforcing a metal trash can. I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than
that, but sheesh!

        <snip>

>> Also, the support of Daemon Engines could have replaced the use of certain
>> Marine vehicles.
>
> Which doesn't work for non-aligned traitor legions
>(like the Night Lords). My problem with chaos marines not
>having access to this kind of equipment (aside from it going
>against the fluff) is that in E40k it's impossible to make a
>decent all-chaos marine army (ie no daemons or daemon
>engines).
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

        I know what you mean. I'm still tempted to say that anything you can buy
on the "Chaos Marine Detachment" list should qualify as "marine-only" even
though, as you pointed out some weeks ago, this would make it identical in
composition to the "Chaos Demon Engine Detachment" which is obviously not
"marine-only."

Nickles