Re: [Epic] Epic 40k _at_$%!

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:29:22 +1000 (EST)

>Hello!

>If you were ver amazed by how many people play 40K, dont be. I have been
>around them a very long time(thats how I got started with epic) and
>quite frankly 40k is a game with poor rules formulation, thought, andf
>extra on the cheese. I actually played it a couple of times and won,
>just because I knew what the cheese of the day combo was.

I'm not amazed by the numbers of players that play and love 40K. It's
actually very understandable. You don't need a tactical braincell in your
head to win. I remember playing a kid in warzone for his first time, and I
almost laughed myself to death when he stated "I've played 40K for years so
I've got the tactical side of gaming down pat". And Gee whiz, his army for
warzone had necrophites (sp?) which are damn good value, oh and he gave them
big guns. Fortunatley they died real quick. His tactical mind threw them out
into the open in front of two squads. 40K breeds inadequate commanders that
depend on number crunching which I really dislike. But... it's what GW
encourages and I suspect what they want the future of epic to be.
Incompetency needs number crunchers over good leadership.

As for people thinking 40K rules are better then epic. Well it dosen't
surprise me, but I think it defintely says something about the people who
think this way. I mean I know of NO decent gamer that can't see that 40K
hasn't got serious problems. Even the people that play it a lot admit at
least that much.
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"