Re: [Epic] lord of battles

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 23:21:52 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 6-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] lord of battles by Jason
Stephensen_at_....
> >Secondly, we play wysiwyg, so basically everyone has at least one hth weapon
> >on their LoB, which cuts about 1/3 or more of its firepower from what is
> >apparently common to players on this list. This makes the first fire that
> >much less effective. Lastly, and most importantly by far, I've played with
> >it and against it in several battels, and it is generally agreed that it
> >_has_ been balanced when played like I stated.
>
> As long as the people who plauy with it say it's OK then that's fine as they
> are the most important people to have agree to it.

    I agree. I'd have to play against the LoB a couple more times
before I could say whether I liked it either way. The times I've faced
it, it's been just as mean as a Reaver. A bit less firepower, but a lot
more CC, and IMHO more survivability. Instead of 4 void shields, you
get 3 chaos cards to be used only when an armor save is failed. If you
need more than 3, you might be able to spare them.
    It was seen mainly in a foot-slogger army, so CC was actually important...

    Note: My Chaos experiences have been as a newbie, and before I
joined this list more than a year ago. I have, of course, devised
several of the standard anti-Chaos strategies to be used the next time a
Chaos Horde rears it's head on the other side of a table.

Mark