Re: [Epic] Epic 40k _at_$%!

From: King Mob <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 22:57:15 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Peter Ramos wrote:

I'm not defending Epic40k, I haven't played it so I don't know the ins and
outs, but I can let you know what it's about. A lot of people are judging
the game before they've seen it just because of GW's previous history
(which is rightly justified), but what if it actually is good? Why slam
it now when you don't have all the facts? Anyway...

> Quite frankly There are several reasons I dont give a rats ass when,
> what or why epic 40k is out:
>
> 1-The rules could be thought out by Einstein and literally be the best
> thing ever created, but they changed the stands and for that it could
> rot in hell because I (and anybody with a decent size collection-and
> thats probably everyone) will not rebase everything to conform with the
> change. Those who said or even remotely think that present stands will
> be compatible are to be called naive at best, since they are being
> changed to make more money from us why should they be
> compatible-customer loyalty-BAH!!!

The only _possible_ difference I see in the base size change is making a
screen to block charging units. I've heard that normal infantry and
vehicles can have a maximum of 2 opponents in CC. Doesn't matter where
they touch bases,2 max, and that's it. Oh, and the other time the new
bases would come into play was if you were signing up in an official
painting contest or tourney.

> 2-The name says it all-Epic 40k-HEEELLO CHEEEESE. they will give us
> 40k's point system probably unit organization and of course the tiny HQ
> stand with the power of life and death over the hole army-PLEEASE!

The army lists do look like 40k, but there is one big difference with
min/maxing detachments as opposed to 40k. All units in a det. must be on
the same orders.

Nope, Commanders will give you a slight advantage morale wise and a slight
advantage in CC.

> Well gentlemen as far as I see it hold your breath as you may your in
> for big disappointment.

Could be... but do you know that for sure?

> O yea there was a previous post mentioning squats were history- will Mr
> Aaron Teske please respond to this heinous allegation.

Yep, Squats are out unless brought back in an Army book. So are Knights.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"What good is science if no one |
gets hurt?" - Chrome Dome

http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy