Re: [Epic] Scattershooting...

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:35:07 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:
> the big "Why are orks green" debate was just the most recent example of
> something that happens a lot on this list, and I wonder why people ask
> this kind of question.

Actually, the question was whether anyone else had painted their Orks
something besides green. I'm leaning towards brown, just 'cause I think
it would look good, but won't be doing Orks for a while. I just wanted
to know whether other people had done that. I've got one of the old
boxes of Tyranids (supplied the Genestealers for my travel Space Hulk
game, and will probably be used with Epic Stargrunt II someday), and
I'm sure they won't be painted purple. I'd lean towards a lot of bone
colors and black, I think.

I think part of the reason for asking the question is conversation.
What have other people done? How did it turn out? Idle chatter.
:-) I also asked about whether anyone had used scouts for sergeants,
with their more impressive size. No one thought that was interesting
enough to comment, that I saw. :-)

> Not a flame here, but you can
I don't feel flamed, but I don't feel particularly motivated to look
in old stuff for a game I don't play, either. :-)

> And I'd be really surprised if someone just cannot find one of the
> above. C'mon, where do you buy your stuff? Don't they have people
> playing in-store sometimes? See if they'll show you. Most towns have at
> least one store which sells old /used stuff - take a look.

I get my GW stuff from the net, either used or from a discount store.
There is a store around me, but I usually only get non-GW stuff there.
I'd like to see some other stores in the area, but don't usually have
time to go out of my way.

andy

--
Andy Skinner