Re: [Epic] [E40K] Titans N Such

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:00:45 -0700

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Alan;
>
> That is an impressive collection. The Chaos Titans looked like you put a
> lot of work into making them as Chaotic, non-Imperial as you can.

There are a few bits of scratch-building, such as the tentacles on a
Slaanesh Warlord, the chin gun ditto, a Fire Control Tower or two, and a
few weapons takesn from a cheap Japanese Manga robot. Generally though,
it's just various Titan heads and tails from GW.
I did convert one tail to a spikey-ball arm, but that was for a scene
straight out of the artwork, the 1-on-1 of a Chaos Warlord vs a Reaver.

> That Imprimatur Fight is story waiting to be written for it!

Yes. Anyone is welcome to!

> Now is the Demon a Japanese Resin Kit?

Nope, Metal. 1/400 (approx) Cthulu. Painted in gold, with glowing red
eyes. It normally resides on a shelf by my front door, as JW repellent.

*Knock Knock.*
Yes?
  Hello, How are you, let me tell you about my God...
No, let me tell you about MY God (Points to Idol)
  YIPES!
*Sound of running feet, rapidly diminishing into the distance.*

> Scanners are now below $500.00 here in Canada. I think
> I will get one for the House for myself this Christmas, and I will send you
> some pictures of my humble work. I am only a :fair" painter and use decals
> for emblems as my detail work ability is poor.

Take it from me, the scanners make my painting look a lot better than it
is. I spent a lot of time detailing the Snakebite Megagargant, but the
others are only so-so.

> Anyway my Ork players on my Epic2nd campaign are getting literally bowled
> over by pairs of Eldar Wave Serpents. You would not know the URL address of
> an Ork Strategy/Tactics page would you?

Fraid not. Eldar Wave Serpents, especially in pairs (or more), were
always a problem in SM2. Very Undercosted, often compared to a dairy
product. The only way I have of dealing with them using Orks is to have
a HIGH hill in the deployment area. VERY high. High enough to see over
the top of the "wave". Then set up a a few SAGs on it - about 12 is nice
- plus a unit of Nobs for command, and Zap away. Works well vs those
pesky doomweavers way at the back too.

Megagargant Krooz Missuls will also be effective, but not very.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo