Re: [Epic] Net Epic - Movement and Initiative

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 20:03:51 -0500 (EST)

>3. Perhaps there could be a comprimise whereby troops that are on advance
>orders are charged and they culd shoot at their chargers at a reduced
>efficiency, or after they have passed a suitable test. I would recommend
>the latter and have it like a rally test, ie a morale test with no danger
>of going onto fall back orders.

What about a system similar toWHFB where you can charge a unit, then they
have the option of fleeing, Shooting at the chargers, or taking the charge.
Now it cannot be taken exactly the same way. For one fleeing means that you
can be over-run and destroyed to the man. Shooting at the attackers you
have a -1 to hit so you can pepper up the charging unit. Now I don't know
how much everyone wants to change the system around but this is a viable option.

                                Timothy J. Kilgore