Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 10:28:11 -0600

At 09:16 PM 2/6/97 -0600, you wrote:

>The new bases will _not affect CC because you will only be allowed to gang
>up on a regular infantry or vehicle with a maximum of _two_ units. It
>doesn't matter how they touch or where they touch, you only get 2 max.

This is silly. I realize there are space and sighting limitations in close
quarters, however, you can manage a little better than 2:1. Besides, as
they've pointed out, 3 stands doing close range supporting fire will
definitely keep the bad guys heads down while the fourth flanks to assault
through. No matter how many pictures they draw of it, the company commander
standing in the midle of a hail of fire while troops are in hth all aoround
him is still an idiot. Get Down! If he stands there, he's dead. If you
cover him with so much firepower he can't leave the tiny patch of cover he
did find, then he is a grenade waiting to happen. Close quarters combat is
won by superior firepower and violence of execution, nothing else. Both are
in the CAF, but firepower is easily raised by sheer numbers. One of the
worst things about GW's design department is that everything has to be
horribly, hand-to-the-forehead-swooningly dramatic and damn the realities of
life. You know what 5 guys (one stand) being over run by 20 guys (4 stands)
do? One of two things - surrender or die (assuming the 20 aren't
incompetent). Stupid, stupid, stupid, Stupid, Stupid, STUPID, STUPID!!
WHAAAAAARGH!!!!

(pant, pant)
Temp
(pant)