Re: [Epic] Orks in Epic 41K

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 08:08:56 -0600

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> J. Michael Looney wrote:
> >
> > The Ork army list for Epic 41K is finished.
>
> Congrats, especially on the Battlewagons bit. Definitely an improvement
> on my original. Come to think of it, all the changes you made are either
> improvements or as-good-as the original.

Thank you.

> Nit-Picks: The Ork Battlefortresses are screwed up (cut and paste error
> from the looks of it). It's "Freebooterz" not 'Freebootzers' on the
> title page. There are a few other typoes.

The Rumbla Battle Fort (The Fast one with out the deth rolla) will be fixed
right now. As far as Typo's go... hey were talking orks here :-) I'll get
my wife do some proofreading later today.

> All in all, although the resultant army lists etc are a teeny bit long
> and complex, I don't see how the Old Orky Flavour can be retained
> without this complexity. Furthermore, I think they beat the fertiliser
> out of even the SM2 lists/organisations. The only improvement on this
> that I can see is the addition of:
> a) Flavour Text

Starting to do that, but I am NOT going to just type in GW's stuff.
Copyrights are a bitch you know.

> b) Illos of the models or artwork.

I am planing on putting some photo's from my own armies on to it. I am also
planning on adding an "up load" section where people can send their own
artwork. Please no scans of GW stuff. See copyright problem.

> c) CyberWyverns and Blood Axe (Imperial) SHVs (maybe)

Cyber Wyverns, full intergration of the WetBoyz, Zeps, Orky Siege Mortars
(both in the Fluff book "Waagh! Da Orks") are on tap. Stand by for news.

> If we can do these, then we have The Definitive E40(41)K Ork Page. If
> there's someone out there with the ear of AC or JJ, maybe they should
> have a squizz.

There is evidence that they read this list. Recall the reply that was send
about the time of the Imperial Motor Rifle Regiment, where I was taken to
task for my attacks on the lack of clues on army TO&E as seen in GW games.
I need to do a 'who space-marine' to see if tpirinen_at_... (Tuomas
Pirinen) is still on the list. (Or he could just reply to this to let us
know....)