Re: [Epic] Unofficial misunderstandings

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:32:31 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Andy Meechan wrote:

> I really hope that the promised expansion set will have a note saying,
> "enclosed is a reprint of the armies book, with updated army lists. =
> please use this new book in place of the old -GW"=20
>

> ...and this led to a "Grrrrrrr" response. Well, why was this posted
> in the first place? Who informed you of this? It's not even mildly
> official - especially if it came from Shop Staff. Now, this isn't
> derogatory to Shop Staff, but they get the Studio Tour, hear gossip
> and see playtests of various bits and pieces lying about. In the
> main, these playtests will STAY lying about and will NOT be published.

should have not used the term, "promised". GW said "yeah, only 1 box"
but considering GW's track record for pumping out add on sets, i would
put the odds at 80%. consider these:White Line Fever,Outlanders,Dark Mi
Deathwing,WHFB Magic,All the SM2 stuff(ork+squats,etc),Plague Fleet,plus
the other ones i forget at the moment, like that one for space crusade,
B.B. and whatever the one for Gorkamorka will be named.

If GW thinks money can be made with a add on, expect an add on.
and if that add on fixes some problems, that _is_ an extra
Mostly used as a tool for pushing new minis, which brings us to:

> Of course, if the Wh40k 3rd Edn *does* come out in October'98 and IF
> it *does* contain a couple of new races, then there may well be a
> supplement.

almost a 100% chance then, if new races show up,for a e40k add on.

cant see GW passing up possible sales for 6mm versions of the new 28 mm
minis.

then again, the release dates being pushed back for the IG and bugs
has me wondering on the "health" of the e40k sales.... which will effect
how much more is released for e40k

> Basically, just qualify statements. Please.

> -Andy-

**
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies

mike
**