Re: Support Weapons (was Re: [Epic] Squat 40K List)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:11:33 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 10-Nov-97 Re: Support Weapons (was Re.. by Gianluigi
Basenghi_at_rimin
> I agree with the stats for Mole Mortar & Thudd Gun but I think the stats
> for Rapier are wrong:If Epic 40K is tied to the WH40K game, the rapier
> should be considered as the master AT support weapon, as it is one of
> the most effective armor-piercing support in the 28mm game.
> It is quite useless in troop shooting as it is no better than a
> lascannon, but it gain a better penetration vs tanks and bunkers.

Hmm. Given the Rapier's SM/TL description as "more likely to hit
infantry" I think many on this list are considering it an anti-infantry
weapon. What *are* it's stats in WH40K, and what is a Tarantula (twin
lascannon) like in comparison?

> this told I'd suggest these stats for the weapon:
>
> Rapier 10 30 2*AT 0 4+
>
> The cost of this weapon could then be raised a bit if you feel so, but
> remember it's range is shorter then the others, so it is hard to bring
> it in action.

Especially with the shortened range, yes, but that's... powerful, I
think. Also just for the record, the SM/TL description says it's a
single lascannon diffused through four barrels, not two lascannon....

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...