Sv: [Epic] AT shots

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 01:31:21 +0100

 Chris Pinson wrote:
> Hiya All,
> Here's some optional rules for toning them down a bit; I wouldn't
> necessarily suggest using all of them at once:
>
> 1: AT shots score hits on 5's vs AV 6.
> 2: AT shots suffer -1 from their die roll against units (or maybe just
> infantry) in
> cover
> 3: AT shots suffer a -1 from their die roll against infantry units
> 4: A detachment firing multiple AT shots must declare all of their
targets
> before
> rolling any dice to hit (note, 4 isn't really an optional rule, just a
> specific
> interpretation of the rules)

4) is fine. I play this way.
How about:
A unit with an AT shot may choose it's target. However, it
must shoot at the closest target of any particular type.
This means: A unit with an AT shot is facing two Falcons,
one Wave Serpent, a guardian unit and an Adspect Warrior
stand with a Warlock (this stand is standing in the back of the
det.). The unit can shoot at: The closest Falcon,
the Wave Serpent or the closest of the infantry stands
(the guardians). It cannot shoot at the other falcon or the A.W.
stand. This will prevent silly things like targeting enemy leaders
or psykers who are in a group. This is the rule in WH40K; you
must shoot the closest target within a group. If you can't
distinguish a character in 28mm scale, then you sure
as hell can't do it in 6mm scale!!!!
Comments anyone?

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off