Re: [Epic] Swooping Hawk Warlocks?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:18:51 -0500

Neil R. Thomason wrote:
> This highlights my main problem with the suggested 'winged psyker' miniature
> conversion. I imagine the figure looks good, but in terms of the game rules
> and background - no. There's nothing to suggest Warlocks qualify for Hawk
> packs, and having the miniature tempts abuse of the rules. If you're using
> the new rules about bringing Hawks onto the table as drop pod troops, you
> can only include Hawks and their Exarch - no Warlocks!

Neil, what do you base this on? The Army Book, page 70, gives upgrades
of Aspect Warriors to jump packs, and also to psyker. It specifies
that you can't combine jump packs and heavy weapons, but I don't see
any rules reason why you can't add psyker to it. If you weren't
supposed to combine those upgrades, wouldn't it have given Warlock
an asterix, like jump packs and heavy weapons?

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...