Re: [Epic] Swooping Hawk Warlocks?

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:01:28 GMT

>Sauron1 writes; Neil ;Did you see my post on Swooping Hawks from Codex
>Titanicus? The drop pod Idea is an old one/

Yes. The Co.Ti. version was about Hawks being deployed from high-altitude
transports. If I remember correctly, that incarnation of the Hawks, dating
from before Aspect Warriors had been invented, used their jump packs like
controllable parachutes - a way to reach the battlefield, then useless.
Once on the ground, those Hawks were just Guardians.

 The E40K article in WD was about Hawks gaining high altitude by themselves,
using their wings, then descending to attack. The effect is the same on the
table, of course.

Cheers,

NRT

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group