Re: Sv: [Epic] How are Pulsar shots resolved ?

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:32:42 -0500

Joshua Mosqueira wrote:

> > > Actually as a SHW they only contribute 1 to Firefights.
> >
> > Hmmm if they only contribute 1 to firefights and take 1bm to take out of
> > commission, they why does it have 1d6 under the column for firepower in the
> > armies book.
>
> I can understand where the confusion sets in, but look at the Super Heavy
> Weapons section in the rulebook (pg. 31). As a SHW, pulsars count as 1 fp
> in firefights. Then again you could cheese it up as it generates d6 AT
> shots (each of which is also considered a SHW), then yes it has d6 FP, but
> it all depends how you want to play. Just imagine the same applies to Votex
> missals and Mega-Cannons and it gets ridiculous. So for simplicity sake I
> say as a SHW it gets one FP in firefights.

        Nice reasoning, but it's clearly listed as D6 FP (or D3 in
the case of the pulse lasers) in the armies book. All vortexes and
megacannons are listed as 1 FP.

        No matter what is handed down from the designers as the right
answer, I don't care as long as the Pulsar isn't treated any
differently from the other multi-SHW SHWs (like the Dom energy blast,
or the Imp's plasma annihilator). Anything else just doesn't make
sense.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Don't you laugh, damn you, don't you laugh!" - Clockwork Orange