Re: [Epic] Q&A 5 (Answered!)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:18:47 -0500

William L. Irish wrote:

> Riddle me this - can flak or overwatching troops in range fire on
> interceptors before they intercept other flyers?

        No. This was answered in previous Q&As.

> I'm new to these parts...

        Welcome to the list!

> I'm kind of puzzled over the concept of 'screening troops' - I can't find
> anything in the rules that makes a detachment fire at the closest
> detachment,

        That's because it's not there. However, when it comes to
resolving normal shooting attacks (i.e. no Super Heavy Weapons
involved), the closest models in the target detachment are the first
casaulties. So when people mention using some unit to screen other
units, the two are in the same detachment.

> BTW - I _just_ joined this ListServe - could anyone forward me a copy of
> the QnA mentioned in the subject? I'm trying to get up-to-speed on the

        The archived Q&As, answered by the game designers, can be
found at:

http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/E40KQA.html

but the new Q&A that was just posted hasn't found it's way there yet.
I'll mail you a copy privately.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus