[Epic] Nasty Blast markers and the "!" order.

From: L. Brian Hayes <riverman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:32:21 -0600

While playing earlier tonight, I ran into a question that my friend & I
were unsure of. First off, I play Marines, (Space Wolves). I had a det of 6
whirlwinds, 6 rhinos with their troops dismounted which included Wolf
Guard, Grey Hunters & Blood Claws. I put this det on the "!" order so I
could preform a prepatory bombardment. The way I understand this is: You
may fire the prep bombardment and the rest of the det that isn't a
artillery/barrage weapons automatically goes on overwatch. This det had two
BM on it at the beginning of the turn. My question is, do the two blast
markers take off two fire power from the whirlwinds under the prepatory
firepower or was I able to wait til the troopers that are also part of the
det fire to take the effect of the blast markers? Both the whirlwinds and
troopers had legal targets. Would the BM's subtract FP from both the Prep
fire and normal fire?
Thanks

BTW, As usual I lost, but I had fun playing!
Brian

 "The Riverman" aka. L. Brian Hayes
     haysbo_at_"nospam"net-serv.com
    "What? The rivers up. Sure, I'll run it!"
    "Have Canoe, Will Travel"
     To Reply take out the "nospam"