Re: [Epic] Titan Weapons

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:49:15 -0500 (EST)

Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> Mark A Shieh wrote:
> > Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> > > Paulo Alexandre Correia Pombal wrote:
> > IIRC, the thing was functionally identical to a
> > Revenant's Pulse Laser, except it fired d6+1 of them. (not sure about
> > range, but I think it was more than the Rev's Pulse Laser)
>
> ? Pulse Laser: D3 version of the Pulsar, yes? Barrage
> Missile: unlimited range, auto-scatter, multiple barrage templates.
> How are the two similar?

        Yeah, it's the small Pulsar.

        I thought they were similar because the Pulse Laser needs a 3+
to hit things under its template, and has a -2 save mod. The BML
fires d6+1 of these things, I thought, though at more range and I
forgot about the scatter. I still think they're pretty similar in
effect, as being under a Pulse Laser template hurts just the same as
being under a BML template (which is the same size), unless you're a
demonic unit with crystalline skin...

        And yeah, the proposed weapon is even worse than the BML on
the power scale. But in SM/TL, a one-shot that can break an Ork Clan
still seems overpowered to me.

Mark