Re: [Epic] Nasty Blast markers and the "!" order. reply from originator

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:10:05 -0500

> [L. Brian Hayes] Mr. Weyna, If you would have taken the time to read my
> complete post instead of trying to halt the horse you must have been riding
> (from the "Whoa!!!!") comment you might have noticed that I did specify
> "whirlwinds" as the part of the detachment in question that was going to
> prep fire. Since I do live in the U.S. I have the AMERICAN ENGLISH version
> of Epic 40,000. I don't think the two versions are that much different. On
> page 23 of the Armies Book that I have, it clearly states that a Adeptus
> Astartes (Space Marine) Whirlwinds the special ability of ARTILLERY!
> Further reading does show that in the Rule Book page 36 under ARTILLERY it
> plainly states "Artillery units are also capable of making a special
> preparatory bombardment attack."
>
> I do apologize to the list for even replying to such a weak, and pathetic
> attempt at flame. I was under the understanding that this list was for
> gamers who enjoyed the various flavors of the Epic game to help each other,
> ask questions, answer questions, and generally discuss this cool game. I've
> always been told "the only stupid question is one not asked". We were all
> newbies at one time or the other.
> Regards
> Brian

Whoa!! The only attempt at a flame is yours. I think Mr. Weyna was actually confused.
Which I can understand, because you did say barrage, and with the type of people we all
know (not us, a friend of a friend's brother's girlfriends mother's only daughter's
boyfriends brother's friend's friend.) will certainly take advantage of such a slip (Not
Mr. Weyan, he was merely trying to clarify something in his mind) In fact, in my opinion
Mr. Weyan believed you were correct and assumed he was wrong. Which is really nice, if I
say so myself. Benefit of the doubt and all that. As you said "the only stupid question is
one not asked", and I believe he asked a question.

Anyway, don't fire with fire, try water, it works better (I really never understood that
saying anyway) Be nice, point out what he missed, or apologize for not being clear. But
don't call his question a "weak, and pathetic attempt at flame." I believe someone once
said:

    "I was under the understanding that this list was for gamers who enjoyed the various
flavors of the Epic game to help each other, ask questions, answer questions, and
generally discuss this cool game."

The fella who said this must be pretty smart, because I think everyone on the list will
agree with that statement. Be smart, don't flame. (Unless you know for damn sure that
everyone echo's your sentiments to that degree :) ))

Tyler