Re: [Epic] NET Epic: Company cards for Chaos

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 11:56:11 GMT

At 12:20 PM 3/2/97 +1100, you wrote:
>Regarding retaining the current company cards, I'm in favour of the idea,
>but I would like to see the Chaos army reorganised along the following lines.
>(Note that I do play Chaos, but other Chaos players may not like my ideas
>because I'm trying to cut down on the huge choice that Chaos has, and
>reduce randomness)
>
>Chaos should be organised like the other armies with Companies (which I would
>call Warbands instead) and support cards.
>For example:
>
> Chaos SM warband: 3x5 detachments CSM (5 stands) + Chaos Champ
> The current legions would be represented by unique cards with a
> slightly increased point value.
>
> Beastman warbands and Cultists should be as the appropriate IG units.
> I'm not sure about this, as Beastman companies are hard to come by!
> Perhaps we could have mixed warbands eg. 10 cultist stands, 10
> beastman stands + Chaos Champ, or even some minotaurs or trolls.
>
> Each company has up to 5 support and 1 special, where support is
> the same as it is now EXCEPT that Titans are no longer support
> cards.
>
> Special cards are now Titans, Greater Daemons and Chaos Champs.
>
>Different rules:
>
>Chaos Champs should be command stands.
>
>I suggest that the morale immunity for GD's followers and morale check
>for destroying GD's be abandoned, instead Chaos armies are effectively
>led by Chaos Champs. Also, we should abandon Chaos Cards and let GD's either
>have a fixed save OR multiple wounds like large Tyranid creatures. GD's with
>wings should be skimmers. Bloodthirsters should have a psychic save.
>
>Titans and the Lord of Battles should be available only as special cards
>- it makes no sense to me that I can have a Chaos army consisting of GD's
>and Titans.
>
>Rhinos should only carry Chaos SM's.

Well, that's actually how the rules are as they stand dude...

>I would like to see Thunderhawks disallowed completely, or made into special
>cards (I know there will be howls of protest from Chaos players here, but
>remember, this is all strictly IMveryHO. It's mainly because I want Chaos
>to be *different* from the Space Marine army. I think TH's should be SM only.)

An army consisting of GD's and Titans WOULD be different wouldn't it?

>Hmm, that's all for now, any comments?
>
>Philip

Well, in short, and not meaning to be too offensive, but...

I don't think so Phil...

Chaos works pretty well with the GD's leading the armies rather than the
Chaos Champions...

And Chaos is SUPPOSED to be CHAOTIC (that is - not orderly).

Agro