Re: [Epic] Scale (was Re: old Andy C or Jervis message about E40K)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 00:08:31 -0700

Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister wrote:

> "Larry \"Liquid\" Plummer" <liquid_at_...> came forth and spoke
> thusly:
> >Just a question from a curious mind for the list to ponder...
> >
> >Has anyone ever undertaken the task of making Thunderhawks, Leviathans, and
> >Landraiders to the actual proporsional scale they need to visually be able
> >to realistically transport the amount of units/equipment their specs say
> >they can?
>
> Or in fact, Rhinos, Land Raiders, Wave Serpents, Falcons, Chimeras...
> one thing I noticed is that all the troops would fit in, IF they were
> all lying down.
>
> --Actually, I always figured that in the 400th century, armies transport
their troops in dehydrated form, then toss water on them as they dump
them out the back of the transport. When the re-embark, a flash
dehydrator condenses them again. This is why their is a 5cm penalty for
embarking and disembarking; It takes a little time for handlers to
push them out and spray water on them when disembarking, and the troops
are naturally reluctant to be dehydrated again so you lose time coaxing
and prodding them onto the transports.

Thane