Re: [Epic] New rules for defending in CC

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:27:41 PST

Scott Shupe a �crit :

(...)

> What happens if the detachment doesn't get assaulted,
>though?

We can imagine that it can't shot at this turn...

>An easier solution would be to just give anyone on OW
>orders a bonus to the CC roll (and perhaps the total FP of the
>detachment would determine just how much of a bonus).

I think that this should not solve the problem formulated by Jon.

> In any case, I think that you're just trying to compensate
>for a symptom of the real problem, which is that assault troops
>move too damn fast. To solve that, you could modify the transport
>rules in a few ways. For instance, you could apply the 5cm
>penalty before any charging bonuses. Or, use the SM rule where
>if the transport uses, say, 60% of it's movement, the troops
>inside can only use 40% of theirs.

I don't really agree with you, Scott. It's not really a question of
speed but perhaps a question of initiative, it is right that the first
player who charges is favoured. Jon's rule can balance this.

(...)

>Scott Shupe
>shupes_at_... shupes@...
>http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
>"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
>Horus

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 12/04/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/