Re: [Epic] Epic Battlescene

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:04:48 +0100

> Yesterday I've obtained the back of an old White Dwarf; the rest was not
> attached :-(
>
> However, it contained a picture of a battlescene with the following models
:
> - Capitol Imperialis
> - Hellbore
> - Warhound titan
> - 3 old Warlord Titans
> - Reaver titan
> - Old style vindicators

Matthew John Cook (or is it John Matthew) asked :

> Which issue is this please? ie no., month & year please.

As I mentioned in my mail, I only have the back cover :-(

On the interior of the back cover was a page of 'eavy Metal containing a lot
of pictures of Orks, containing Mekboyz, Painboyz, Weirdboyz and Madboyz.

I got the back cover together with some other pages from various White
Dwarfs (The person I got them from used to cut the articles concerning his
games out of it, leaving a lot of loose pages around. He has stopped
playing and sold his stuff long ago, but just recently he found the loose
pages tucked away, and he tought I would find them useful... Well, they're
more advertisments than articles, but hey ! Some pictures are cool...)
Among those pages was a bit about the Capitol Imperialis, so I think that
this page was contained in the WD which had the cool cover. At the top of
the page (page 51), there are the stats of the CI :

Name : Cap.Imperialis
AR : 0
DR : 4
Save : 3+
CAF : +6/+3
Speed : 8/16
BR : 500
Weapons : Defence Laser (SwF1), Heavy Plasma Guns (SwL4, SwR4), Heavy
Bolters (SwL4, SwR4)
Notes : 4 void shields: may carry up to 12 infantry stands or equivalent.
Transport.

I started playing with Epic40K player, and therefore I have no idea where
these stats are from SM1 or SM2...

On the bottom of the page were 'Imperial Guard and Space Marine Army List
Additions', referring to WD125 (IG Army List) and WD126 (SM Army List); they
contained counters and there was a copyright notice dated 1990 at the
bottom.

On the back of the page (page 52) was an article about 'Mighty Empires'.

Hope this helps...

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...