Re: [Epic] Capitol Imp.

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:39:48 -0800 (PST)

For those of you who are interested, the issue with the battlescene on
the back, is WD123 from March 1990 (It has a blue cover)

In WDD 130 there are updated rulings for Praetorians, (CI and Hellbore)
from these rules I gathered that the last rule change in 1st ed. had the
units as general Imperial vehicles, available to both space marines and
IG. It also has a little fluff about how they are used in assaults on
planets. I wish I could remember where it is I saw that article on how
they were deployed, it was probably a fanzine...

From all this reading of old WD, I wish to put the following input...
Transport: 24 (as mentioned) This is sufficient to carry a company of
marines or IG infantry, with all the relevant command...
Have Dreadnoughts and sentinels count as one stand of infantry, rhinos
and variants count as 3, and larger vehicles such as Leman russ, and LRs,
count as 5 infantry stands for the purpose of transport...
Also due to the HUGE size of the cargo bays, I don't think a movement
penalty should be put on troops entering or exiting the CI.

The main weapon should be a SHW, a mega cannon seems too wimpy. I still
like the idea of a long range death ray used to weaken city walls when
assaulting.
The secondary weapon batteries should either be high fp batteries (fp=8)
or a combination of Fp and AT (maybe AT=2,fp=4)I prefer the homogeneous
batteries myself.

Movement is good at 15cm
armour is 6...
damage is 12, with a modified leviathan table for damage. A roll of one
on the damage table shoulld always be a superficial hit to represent the
size of these rolling command centers/devotional temples.

Assault I think should be 15, it has a lot of close defense, but isn't
the deadliest thing. I think its strength lies in its survivability.

On the down side of things, I think it should always count a stationary
WE, because it is HUGE.

I was looking at the mini again, and you can easily fit 3 infantry
stands ontot the roof, therefore O think three appropriate stands
(including weapon platforms) can fire from the top as if they were part
of the CI, ie. fire in the WE firing phase.

Any further comments to this?

Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of