Re: [Epic] Drop Pods

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:47:27 -0500

>> What are people using for drop pod models? There are non in E40k but I
>> heard there were some in old Epic.
>True. You can order them from UK mail order if you are a millionaire. - DV

Is there a real _need_ for DP figs? I was all hot to make bug mycetic spore
models (broken walnut shells all slimed up, like in the book) but then
actually _used_ the DP rules. I found that DP units tend to cluster
together in a big lump - it was tough enough putting the stands of infantry
down, much less having models for the DP's there as well. Maybe I was
playing with too large a Mycetic detatchment? Maybe...

You could always use DP models like in Old Epic, as support pods (providing
covering fire), not troop carriers; would that be feasible?
Of course, then we'd have to cook up some rules...any takers? :)

Larry