[Epic] Epio vechicle size

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:10:20 -0600

A while ago there was some talk about how many person could fit in a a
given Epic vehicle.

1st note:
GW's epic vehicles are hugh. Giant, moster things. Even the little
ones are way off size.

I have setting in front of me a 1:285 scale M113 and a GW Space Marine
(2nd ed as it so happens)Rhino.

The M113, is in real life 4.8 meters long and 2.6 meters wide. That
works out to 16mm by 9mm in scale, which is what the figure messures.
It carries 2 crew and 11 grunts.

The Rhino (2(?) crew + 10 grunts) is 22mm long by 17mm wide. That works
out to either 6.6 meters long and 5.1 meters wide (assuming 1:300 scale
aka 6mm) or 6.2 meters by 4.8 meters (assuming 1:285 scale aka "Micro
Armor").

Either way the damn thing is hugh, and it is one of the smaller epic
vehicles.

Later today I will be posting my "Epic 41K Master List of Transport
Slots", based on the "How many Death Angels can Dance in a Land Raider"
thread, and the current thread on the Cap. Imp. assult thingy.