Re: [Epic] First Game of Epic 40k. Many Questions..

From: Kodai <kodai19_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 22:25:57 -0500

Vladimyr wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> Just played my first game of Epic 40k. Decided to play Gogard's Last
> Stand. The Game seems a bit quicker than origian Epic, though I do have a
> few questions (note, these are probably in the rule book and are silly, but
> hey)
>
> 1. The Land Raider Anti Tank Shots. Do they count as:
> eight 1 point super heavy shots (giving 1 blast marker per hit)
> or one 8 point super heavy barrage (giving 1 blast marker)
>
> 2. The way I read the rules my gargant always fired last because it was a
> war engine. True or False?
>
> 3. Being used to normal epic, I'm a little confused by the definition of hit.
> Does it mean - Gaze of Gork hits on a 2+. Does it cause a wound on a 2+?
> Or do I have to roll the armour save after? The way I read it hit means
> damaging hit. Am I right?
>
> 4. Also, with the gargant (or any other thing with multiple shots), do you
> have to declare all your shots before shooting, or do you go through them?
> Or do they have to shoot at the same detachment?
>
> Well, the game was interesting, but the fact that everything needed a 6 to
> hit the gargant (except the Land Raiders) meant that the gargant still had
> one shield left at the end of the game (and all marines were dead). I made
> sure the Land Raiders were taken out first (they took out most of the
> shields) and then the others barely made a dent. Which seems just a little
> hard to believe. Has anyone else played this scenario? How did it go?
>
> Also, what are people's general opinions of Epic 40k?
> What do you think of it and why?
>
> Also, it should be fairly easy to play Space Marine with the new miniatures
> and bases. How many of you are doing that?
>
> Thanks
> And apologies for the questions.
> Vladimyr
> AKA Mr Flibble

> How 'bout a sad song to help me get further down
> So down like I'm drowning, so down like I'm dying
> - The Screaming Jets - Sad Song

    Hi. Yes it was one of the first ones I played. They ork side was intended to
win that one. You would've had to get great rolls while the gargent player did
just the opposite to win. Or the ork side would have been played by a fool. The
point of the scenario is to teach the basics of troops, vehicles, and war
engines. Oh yeah the war engines always fire last. ^_^