Re: [Epic] Question Arising

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:28:55 +0930

<snip>
>* Titans can't go onto overwatch anyway.
>* Gav has a rep for writing articles that break the rules
>* Does Gav think that titans *can* go on overwatch?
>
> Since titans don't get orders, I'd lean towards no prep
>bombardment myself.

Why ?
The ability to Prep Bomb is provided by the artillary classification not the
orders. Granted you place a unit on special orders to use it but given that
a WE can not be placed on assualt orders but can still assualt why can it
not use its artillary special weapon to prep. bomb. Besides which in the WE
section of the rule book it states war engines cann't be given march or
overwatch and don't need to be given assualt but makes no mention of special
(!)
It doesn't say titans do go on overwatch all it says is if they prep bomb
they are not considered on OW (because they cann't be) but can not move in
movement phase.
I'm still to see which part of this breaks the rules.
Cheers
Alun