Re: [Epic] Delays

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 22:42:37 -0700

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I know some people get the WD's weeks after the shop release date but ...
>
> The Imperial Guard stuff only got to my local GW today. That's a month
> late. And they wonder why Epic 40000 is dying a death. I don't wish to
> start another rant but they should have released sections from every army
> (at least the plastics) at the very start.

I used to think this to, but I'm not sure now. Chronopia released a
couple of unit types for each race when they put out their rulebook, but
not enough to put together real armies. It's just as hard to get new
players for a game when you can only make one or two types of units.

I think their best bet would have been to continue to produce old mini's
until they made the new ones. To make themselves feel better about it,
they could have jacked up the old mini's prices to coincide with the new
mini's prices; that way, we'd be so grateful when they improved the
quality of the new mini's without a price increase between the old and
new.

Thane