Re: [Epic] Unrealistic Close Assault

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 13:15:02 +0000

> >With this system would you really try to assault a Tyranid unit?
> >

> OK, ok, so we can say 1/3 of the total assault value.
>
> I know that this system will make an assault harder but I really think
> it will prevent a lot of unrealistic situations (Oh! Your 2 berserker
> squads have engaged and destroyed my guardian squad and my 10 aspect
> warriors detachment is now demoralised and must retreat! :( )

Actually, I think is should be something like a certian fraction of
the units needs to be engaged. Like a quarter or something. Or maybe
a unit that is engaged with under a x% of it's units auto rallys
at the end of the turn.
        This is something else I was thinking of. Guard Orders. A unit that
is on guard orders will attempt to intercept close assaults. (Sort of
like snap fire.) The guard unit may move up to it's full assault move
and (or maybe full move or something) and engages the assaulters
before they reach the first unit. CC is resolved normally. Just a
thought.
                -j