Re: [Epic] Painting Itty-bitty men

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:13:48 -0500

>>I am finished all my vehicles and am now about to start painting the
>>Marines.
>>Any suggestions? Should I glue them to the stand then paint or paint first
>>then glue?
>
>Well, with the new stands, I glue 3 of the five miniatures on and then
>paint them (I play orks) but they get too clustered otherwise. The other
>two I blu-tack to a ruler or spare base and paint them there. Then I glue
>those two on and paint the base, etc.
>Vlad

The habit I got into for painting infantry (back when the cramped square
bases were the norm) was to cut the infantry sprues into 'strips.' If you
look at a sprue, you'll notice that every other sprue runner has infantry
attached at the base on both sides of it. I hack up the sprues so that just
this runner and the infantry attached at the base is left - this way, you
have the whole figure free of sprue and easy to paint.

If this is of interest but none too clear, ask for more info...

Larry