Re: [Epic] Project Guard

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:00:54 -0500 (EST)

"J. Michael Looney" <mlooney_at_...> writes:
> Mark A Shieh wrote:
> >
> > "J. Michael Looney" <mlooney_at_...> writes:
> > What? No assault upgrade?
> I assume you are joking here. There are no assault IG any more. This
> one version is the one for the WD/CJ after we hammer it out. The Epic
> 41K version will be some what different.

Yeah, somewhat. I was more curious than anything else.

> > > Chain of command
> > > Captain -> Lieutenants -> Heavy Weapons -> IG troopers -> Support
> > > Weapons
> > > Rattlings and Ogryns, as AbHumans, may not be in command.
> >
> > I think a trooper with a comlink should be commanding if all
> > goes bad, not a heavy weapons team. Both men in it are probably busy,
> > and I could see the Lieutenant surviving the destruction of his stand
> > and joining a trooper stand happening.
> >
> > Captain -> Lieutenants -> IG troopers -> Heavy Weapons -> Support
> > Weapons
>
> There was a reason why I put the HW types ahead of the grunts, but it is
> based on the "current" US Army (let me restate that, the US Army of the
> 1980, which was when I was in) practice. The Platoon Sergeant, as a
> general rule, was left in charge of either the APC's (I.E. lead the
> "Mounted section" or the platoon's weapon section. But given the flame
> fest the my last set of posting about the real military, I did not
> include that little bit of explanation, as I though it would be, well a
> bit like pushing the button again.
>
> I did even think that the CoC should be
> Cpt. -> Lt. -> Spt. Weapons -> HW -> grunts

        I can kind of understand the Spt. Weapons, but I'm thinking
that HW teams shouldn't be commanding unless necessary, mainly because
of the new figures that make the stand 2 men and a weapon. Under
SM/TL rules, I wouldn't have complained, as they were still 5 man
stands. I still think that a Lieutenant left in charge of the APCs
would be a separate stand, next to the APCs, rather than being
represented by an actual APC. (Same with support weapons and new qHW
stands)

Mark