Re: [Epic] Metal Infantry/Support Weapons/Light Vehicles

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 03:16:22 -0500 (EST)

Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de> writes:
> > Aren't those just 5 plastic Jetbikes, and a conversion from a
> > plastic jetbike? (Very, very nice jetbikes, of course, but still
> > starting from the plastic jetbikes)
> I do not think so.
> 1) look at the rear part of the 3rd Jetbike from the left. The plastic one
> has a much bigger engine below and behind the seat. The Harlequin one may
> be a conversion.
> 2) The part above the handle bars does not look like the plastic one at
> all.

        Hmm. Now that I have the WD in front of me (yay, I have a
computer at home!), they look more scratchbuilt than anything else.
I'm even more impressed now by the modeler/painter. But AFAIK, metal
Eldar jetbikes don't exist.

> 3) Was the old Eldar War Host sprue already released? The Guardians at the
> left of the picture have the word "hawk" written on it so I assume they
> were used as Swooping Hawks. With the Sprue available that would not have
> been necessary.

        I think that Swooping Hawk armor was just a type of armor that
guardians could wear. You didn't really have to train in a path to be
a Swooping Hawk, you just put the armor on and headed into battle.

Mark