Re: [Epic] Cheddar & Edam

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:52:22 PST

Tu as �crit :

>Well since we are this subject...
>
> Do you think using both IG and SP in the same army is cheesy ?
>
>I dont think using ONE detachment of SP (250 pts) in a 1500 pts IG army
is
>very cheesy ?!?!?
>
>Simon LArouche
>larouche_at_...

I assume that SP means Space Marines.
In Epic Space Marine/Titan Legions, mixing IG and SM is really cheesy as
the two armies excel in two different strategies : roughly SM are very
good in fast assaults and IG has a very good fire power (strong
artillery) but each army could be fielded independantly without any
restriction.
In Epic 40k, this is not true. You can field an IG only army (or a SM
one) but the two armies are complementary : for example, the SM don't
have any artillery (save the Whirlinds) and no flak unit (which is a
very important lack). I think that the Imperial army list encourages
players to mix the two forces.

Fran�ois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 01/29/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/