Re: [Epic] Ork advice

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 98 04:35:17 EST

At 12:00 AM 1/29/98 -0700, you wrote:

>A friend of mine is depressed about playing his orks against me (usually
>space marines). It sounds like you play orks; could you expound upon the
>virtues of orky armies and give some advice on army building and
>tactics. I'm trying to convince him to invest in more deathray speedstas
>and pulsa rocket batteries, using battlewagons and nobz as support and
>fodder. He also thinks ork gargants are a waste of points and so are
>stompas (I actually try to take out his stompas early, as they scare the
> piss out of me.)
>
>If anyone else would like to send advice for me to give him, please do.
>
>Thane Morgan

Now, I'm not a very experienced Ork commander, having about 5 games under
my belt, but I can attest to the fact that Pulsa Rokkits are nice. I once
stopped a Warlord Titan from firing anything during one turn, and it only
had 5 blast markers on it. 3 SHW, one HWB, but the HWB couldn't fire at
anything, so the SHW did just about nothing. Most of those blast markers
were placed on the Warlord by a big detachment of boyz, Bwagons, Big Gunz,
and Pulsas. The Pulsas were hard to take out due to the large amount of
screening troops in the detachment, so they worked pretty well. Of course,
the next turn the Warlord ripped that detachment a new one (I think it got
rid of all its blast markers... lucky git!). Also, though it can be
quite expensive, I mechanize most of my ork detachments and march them
the first turn to get into position. If you'd like, I could send you a
list of some of the detachments I've created.

Elias