RE: [Epic] Lucky Players

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:34:27 -0600

> I'm curious, how many Epic players in all your groups? What is the
> average?
> We have more players for WH40k, but that may be any obvious statement.
> And
> there is always the local Games Workshop top play more games of this
> (whooped both Ultramarines & Imperial Guard tonight - anyone else
> notice a
> lower standard of gaming in these places?), but Epic is never played.
>
> What are your experiences?

Well at one point (pre-TL) I had 4 regular players plus we would gather
at a local store where there were at least 3-4 more. Great place,
serious hive of GW activity. Then it closed as the owner got nailed for
tax issues (about a year ago) Since then, our game time has dropped off
the map. One guy moved away, one we just don't see as much, I got
married, then we had a baby, etc. Did pick up some nice stuff at the IRS
auction for the sroe's inventory, though - my 2 friends and I went in
together and bought _all_ of the GW mini's from both of the stores - let
me tell ya, _that_ was a kick.
        Our current status is on the upswing, as we are making an effort
to get together more. We've actually played some Epic 40K & some SM/TL
recently and the plan is to start playing at the "guy we don't see much"
's new house. There's also another store we go to , but it just ain't
the same. Smaller crowd, different crowd - too many card fiends, not
enough mini gamers, other than a few WH40K munchkinites...

Chris Miller