Re: [Epic] Marine effectiveness (was Re: Squat Army)

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 12:55:07 PST

>Of course, it really depends on your POV, whether you take the
>background as canon or the stats in the rules. I take the background
--
>the *old* background. ^_^

Marines have never been as good as their background states. If they were
then all marines would be hidden, and could synchronise an attack for
the whole army simultaneously, effectively winning any fire fight. There
ferocity is unmatched by all, and their ability to keep fighting no
matter what they are faced with is total. They are the perfect warrior,
and an equally good assassin. Terminators are even worse.
The rules have never acurately portrayed them, because then playing
marines would be no fun, it would just be assumed that the marines won
and suffered light casualties, therefore they have been toned down,
although I do agree that they have been watered down too much now.
Steve