Re: [Epic] First Game WAS Re [Epic] Social Gaming

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:12:24 -0500

In my first game with Elias, he played Orks with no Gargants (I didn't
tell him not to, of course), and I played Knights (CJ rules) and Titans.

I actually expected to get overwhelmed with numbers. Although Knights
from CJ are powerful and have saves, their points values really reduce
their numbers, and enough fp will take 'em down.

I actually won that game, and fairly overwhelmingly. But Elias agrees
that this is because he didn't bring his numbers to bear soon enough.
The game was over by the time the detachment with Stompas was just
getting into range. (Elias knows I'm not saying he's incompetent or
anything. We make a point of learning lessons from a battle, and
seeing where we could have done better.)

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...