[Epic] Re: Insginia

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:58:12 -0000

Just as an afterthought on this subject, many Sci-fi backgrounds do draw
upon WWII and the Nazis. The Empire in Star Wars, for example. And Babylon
5 draws so many parrells with what happened during that period, right down
to particular quotes and historical events; the bombing of Coventry & Pearl
Harbour, Sinclair's ancestors were fighter pilots all the way to the Battle
of Britain, the Centauri (Germans) oppression of the Narn (Jews).

Because WWII was such a major event in our history, it is not surprising
that others draw on it when writing sci-fi. There is little reason for us
not to in our games. Just so long as we all no where we stand and people do
not do it for the sole intention of annoying/upsetting others.