Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:02:15 -0600

-----
>> Warlocks were pretty effective against other titans (though not against
>> my cheese-smashing deathstrike head cannon combined with a fire control
>> centre heh heh heh - no cheese here...) Now if they'd just leave the
>> artillery companies at home, the Eldar would have been all-powerful.
> Yeah about as cheesy as the twin turbo laser/pulsar phantom. Sadly
>about half my titans turned up like this - if my opponents were going to
use
>the 'but these guns are so much better' argument to justify the same titan
all
>the time I had to fight back :) (at least doomweavers knocked them out of
the
>habit of taking the big plasma gun - oh you cant move this turn, that would
>be unfortunate.........).
--------> It's so boring to take identical titans all the time. Not one of
my titans mounts the same weapon combo. Phantoms mount a)Pulsar + Tremor
Cannon, b) Heat Lance + Tremor cannon c) Pulsar + Fist. Warlock has Psychic
lance + fist.
I almost felt like the fist was a waste, but at least the Eldar get some
shots out of theirs, unlike the imperial one, and it does dissuade some
close assaults by reavers and such. Helps keep the infantry off too, better
than another Heat lance would.

    Oh and that doomweaver thing is a bit of cheese many people forget about
when they get all pumped about that plasma destructor...most effective
gloat-suppressant I've ever seen.
"Oh look, all three warlords are firing Plasma cannons this turn, how
unfortunate...I'm in for it now...oh, wait - all 3 doomweaver batteries
survived...they have some unusual rules - have you read them?

Chris Miller