Re: [Epic] [Fwd: War Engine Names]

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:01:09 -0500

> stay interested, don't I!). So far my first Colossus is named for my
> ship USS Virginia, CGN-38. (Nuclear machinist mate 1st class, if your
> interested, please don't scan me sauron) Any input would be greatly
> appreciated

Neat idea, Anvil! You could always go through the Cruisers and
Battleships. Perhaps the Colossi as Cruisers, the Cyclopses as
Battleships? If my rusty memory serves, there are other nuclear powered
cruiser's in Virginia's class as well as of course a whole plethora of
Ticonderoga class. The USN's site, as I'm sure you know, has all the
names of the currently commissioned vessels. You could also go with the
old classic and well known names: "Constitution", "Old Ironsides" (one
and the same and I have no idea if they even had a number), "Yorktown",
"Bismarck", "Hood", "Victory", "Mars", etc.

Regards,

- Erik